Sunday 15 September 2013

Week 12


Delighted by the plot developing. Mid-Sept now so not much new to go in. Just some winter protection, sets for onions / garlic which I'll consider, broads (although I'm not convinced I'll bother!) and HARVEST HARVEST HARVEST!!!


The last haul really was a bit of everything. From the front and clockwise: Blackberries (with a couple of strawbs!), runners (2 carrier bags...), kale (for piggies), french beans (I harvested about a fifth of what we had), spinach (baby - for salad), potatoes and a courgette.

Didn't make much of a dent on the plot with this lot. I spent ages picking beans but there are loads more. I really don't want them to get stringy. Pleased with the spinach as that's a real cut and come again salad crop. Will look forward to trying the french beans - I've never let them get that big before so I'll be interested to see if they're good!

Blackberries are a little sharp - crumble fodder :D

No comments:

Post a Comment